Jameson and Sprite is one of the easiest Irish whisky cocktails there is! Here’s how to make this simple 2-ingredient drink.
If you like spirit-forward drinks, Jameson also works perfectly with citrusy, bubbly Sprite soda.
I’ve come to appreciate this 2-ingredient whisky and sprite cocktail. I’m mixing a Jameson and Sprite. No recipe is really needed, but I’ve included one just in case below.
I really LOVE the buzz of the whisky and Sprite which builds slowly and is easy to maintain at a humming level.
Why you’ll love this drink
You’ll love this Jameson and Sprite drink because it’s incredibly easy and quick to make. You literally just have to pour two ingredients into an ice-filled glass!
Jameson Irish whisky lends itself well to mixing with lemon-lime sodas like Sprite. The carbonation of the Sprite lightens up Jameson’s strong whisky flavor without overpowering it.
The Jameson and Sprite cocktail is a deceptively simple drink. The classic mix of whisky and Sprite is good for any time of day or any season.
Looking for a straight simple whisky drink? Try a Jameson and Sprite! There’s something decidedly intriguing about the oaky, smoky, sweet, and spicy-ful flavor of whisky combined with the citrus flavor of Sprite.
You can mix almost any alcohol with Sprite (and I have), but for me, Jameson whisky and Sprite is the perfect pairing!
Here’s a few tips for making the best version of this easy cocktail.
How to make a Jameson and Sprite
These are the ingredients you’ll need to make this easy Jameson and Sprite cocktail recipe:
- Jameson Irish Whisky: Of course, you’ll need Jameson!
- Ice: Jameson and Sprite is served over ice.
- Garnishes: Garnish your drink with a lime twist, wedge, or wheel.
If you don’t have lime, it will still be delicious. In terms of the Sprite–I generally make this with Diet Sprite, but you can also use Regular Sprite or Sprite Zero.
Serve Jameson and Sprite in a highball or whiskey glass.
Add lime to step it up
As you may already know: whisky and citrus are soulmates. The sweetness of the whisky absolutely begs for the acidity of lime. You can add lime in 2 ways in this drink:
- Add ½ ounce or 1 tablespoon lime juice. This gives it a more forward lime flavor. I LOVE lime, so I add up to 1 ½ tablespoons.
- Squeeze in the juice from a lime wedge. You can also just use your cocktail garnish for the lime juice. The amount from 1 wedge is about 1 teaspoon, so the lime is more of a compliment flavor here.
Whisky and Sprite variations
As I mentioned, you can make a “blank and Sprite” with almost any spirit! You can use the same ratio in most cases. These are great ideas for tasty but cheat and easy drinks!
Here are a few ideas to try:
- Vodka for Vodka and Sprite
- Any whiskey or bourbon for Whiskey and Sprite
- Tequila for Tequila and Sprite
- Rum for a Rum and Sprite
- Gin for Gin and Sprite
- Wine and Sprite
- Crown Royal for Crown and Sprite
Jameson and Sprite recipe
Jameson and Sprite Recipe – bubbly and refreshing, it only takes a minute to make!
Jameson and Sprite
- 2 ounces Jameson Irish Whisky
- 4 ounces Sprite
- 3 Ice cubes
- Garnish: lime wedge (optional)
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Pour the Jameson over the ice.
- Top with Sprite and gently stir to combine.
- Garnish with a lime wedge or wheel if desired.
u003cliu003eYou can play around with the ratios of this drink… Want something lighter? Add more Sprite! Or add more Jameson if you just want a little kick.u003c/liu003e
This simple drink is just the thing when you don’t have the time or ingredients to make another drink. Jameson and Sprite is a delicious cocktail combination that’s so easy to make!
I hope you enjoy. Keep in mind to drink responsibly!
Jameson and Sprite FAQs
What if I don’t have any Sprite?
If you’re all out of Sprite, there are several soda substitutions, including:
- Sierra Mist
- Store brand lemon lime soda
A soda like Mountain Dew will be a lot more intense/sweet and may mask the alcohol taste a bit.
You can also use a lemon or lime seltzer water–you can stir in some simple syrup!
What is Jameson and Sprite called?
There’s no official name for a Jameson and Sprite cocktail. It is typically referred to as a Whisky and Sprite.
More famous whiskey drinks
Love whiskey? Me too. Here are a few more whiskey drinks I know you’ll love:
- 10 Best Maker’s Mark Cocktails
- 12 Best Japanese Whiskey Cocktails
- 20 Buffalo Trace Cocktails & Drink Recipes
- 15 Best Bourbon Martinis
Hungry for more? Try this Best Bourbon for Pecan Pie (+ Easy Recipe).