Woodford Reserve and Sprite is the perfect drink, easy to make and full of flavor.
Woodford Reserve and Sprite is made in under a minute! Simply Combine Woodford Reserve and Sprite in a tall glass for a bubbly highball cocktail.
The first time I tried mixing Woodford Reserve with Sprite–I wasn’t sure if the bourbon and lemon-lime soda would pair. I was surprised how much I ended up enjoying it!
I’ve found that the fizzy, lemon-lime soda lifted the smoky, vanilla and caramel Woodford notes perfectly. I’m actually amazed by how bourbon and Sprite balance each other out so well over ice.
What is Woodford Reserve and Sprite called?
There’s no official name for a Woodford Reserve and Sprite cocktail. It is typically referred to as a Bourbon and Sprite. Personally I call it a ‘Wood Fairy’ (fairies are a type of Sprite).
How to make this easy cocktail? Grab these ingredients and pour them into a glass — you’re done iunder a minute!
- Woodford Reserve – Of course you’ll need some Woodford.
- Sprite – You’ll need Sprite. I use Diet Sprite which works too.
- Ice – Any ice works. I use traditional ice cubes.
- Garnish – This is totally optional. I like a lemon peel.
The lemon-lime sweetness of the Sprite balances out Woodford Reserve whiskey.
I’m watching my figure, so I typically use Sprite Zero for my whiskey and Sprite drinks. You can use regular Sprite or Diet Sprite for this recipe as well. I like to add several squirts of fresh lemon juice (I LOVE extra fresh lemon in my cocktails).
Sprite to Woodford Reserve ratio
You can adjust the strength of this cocktail to your preferred taste.
- For a strong drink, do a 4:1 ratio – equal amounts of liquor and mixer.
- For a lighter drink, do a 1:8 ratio – double the amount of Sprite.
I’m a bit of a lightweight, so I like to add an just an ounce of Woodford Reserve.
When to serve a Woodford Reserve and Sprite
Woodford Reserve and Sprite is easy to make. It’s great for spicing things up and serving as a:
- Afternoon drink
- Cocktail hour drink
- Festive holiday drink
This refreshing cocktail works anytime. Here’s more about this easy drink…and how to make it.
Woodford Reserve and Sprite Cocktail Recipe
Woodford Reserve and Sprite Recipe – bubbly, spicy and refreshing, it only takes a minute to make!
This easy, 2-ingredient cocktail mixes Woodford Reserve with Sprite to make a delicious whiskey drink.
Fireball and Sprite
Fireball and Sprite is one of the easiest cocktails there is! Here’s how to take this drink to the next level.
- 1 ounce Fireball Whisky
- 8 ounces Sprite
- Maraschino Cherry (optional)
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- Add the whisky, then fill to the top with Sprite
- Feel free to adjust the liquor to mixer ratio to your preferred taste
u003cliu003eYou can play around with the ratios of this drink… Want something stronger? Add more Fireball whisky! Or add less Sprite if you just want a little kick.u003c/liu003e
This simple drink is just the thing when you don’t have the time or ingredients to make another drink. Woodford Reserve and Sprite is a delicious cocktail combination that’s so easy to make!
This is one of my go to cocktails when I want a cocktail–and I want something quick 🙂
- Instead of ice, pour the Sprite and Woodford Reserve over a scoop of vanilla ice cream to make a boozy float.
- Brighten it up with a squeeze of citrus – I like to use about an ounce of fresh lemon juice.
- Experiment with garnishes like lemon wheels or lemon wedges for extra citrus flavor.
Citrus and whiskey have always been a staple in the cocktail world because the two are a great pairing.
What if I don’t have any Sprite?
If you’re all out of Sprite, there are several soda substitutions, including:
- Sierra Mist
- Store brand lemon lime soda
A soda like Mountain Dew will be a lot more intense/sweet and may mask the strong Woodford taste a bit.
You can also use a lemon or lime seltzer water–you can stir in some simple syrup!
Related drinks: Woodford Reserve and Sprite
Mixing a liquor with Sprite is a one of my favorite ways to make a low alcohol cocktail. You don’t even have to measure!
Here are a few more 2-ingredient Sprite cocktails in this family:
- Jameson and Sprite Cocktail Recipe
- Fireball and Sprite
- Wild Turkey and Sprite Cocktail Recipe
- Knob Creek and Sprite Recipe
- Malibu and Sprite
- Jim Beam and Sprite Recipe
- Buffalo Trace and Sprite Cocktail Recipe
More famous whiskey drinks
Love whisky? Me too. Here are a few more whiskey bourbon drinks I know you’ll love:
- 10 Best Maker’s Mark Cocktails
- 12 Best Japanese Whiskey Cocktails
- 20 Buffalo Trace Cocktails & Drink Recipes
- 15 Best Bourbon Martinis
Hungry for more? Try this Best Bourbon for Pecan Pie (+ Easy Recipe).
If you try this Woodford Reserve and Sprite cocktail, let me know if you changed up the recipe–and what your favorite spirit to mixer ratio is.
I hope you enjoy. Keep in mind to drink responsibly!