Top 10 Online Digital Marketing Courses — 2021 Guide & Reviews
Learn digital marketing online this year by taking one of these top-ranked courses
If you are interested in learning about digital marketing, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, I am going to share some of my favorite online courses you can take to learn digital marketing in depth.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links; I may receive compensation if you purchase products or services from the different links provided in this article.
Learning digital marketing is not difficult, but there are so many resources on the internet that you can easily get lost, and that’s where I can guide you on your journey.
Ever since I came across online courses on Udemy and Pluralsight, I have spent the majority of my time learning through online courses. They are the best way to start.
This is a fairly long article with reviews of each course, so here’s the top 10 list:
10 Best Digital Marketing Courses
- Best Overall: The Complete Digital Marketing Course (Udemy)
- Online Marketing Foundations (LinkedIn Learning)
- Digital Marketing Course (Udacity)
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (Google)
- Digital Marketing Specialist (Simplilearn)
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals (Fiverr)
- Post-Graduate Program in Digital Marketing(Simplilearn)
- Digital Marketing Masterclass – 23 Courses in 1 (Udemy)
- Social Media Marketing MASTERY | Learn Ads on 10+ Platforms (Udemy)
- Instagram Marketing 2021: Complete Guide To Instagram Growth (Udemy)
How The Top Courses Were Chosen
The selections here are geared more towards individuals getting started in digital marketing, so I’ve filtered courses based on the following criteria:
- The course goes over the entire digital marketing process
- The instructors cover the basic, most popular topics
- The instructors are engaging and personable
- The course has excellent ratings – generally, greater than or equal to 4.5/5
If you’re interested in learning how to become a social media influencer, then check out my complementary article.
10 Best Digital Marketing Courses in 2021
Anyway, here is my list of some of the best online courses you can take to learn digital marketing in 2021. These are great courses and teach you a lot of essential digital marketing strategies like social media, email marketing, as well as WordPress — the framework you will be using to develop your website.
1. Google: Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (Free)
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (includes a digital marketing certification)
- How to start an online business
- How to make sure customers find you online
- How to promote a business with online advertising (Google Ads)
- How to expand a business to other countries
- Mobile Marketing
- Promote a business with content marketing
- Social Media Advertising
- YouTube Course (Includes certification)
2. Udemy: The Complete Digital Marketing Course – 12 Courses in 1
The Complete Digital Marketing Course is available for a one-time purchase of $169.99, though Udemy often offers specials or deep discounts on the course. You get full lifetime access to the course, a certificate of completion at the end, and a 30-day free trial.
The course consists of 23 hours of on-demand video, 36 articles, and 10 downloadable resources, all accessible online or through Udemy’s mobile app.
The Complete Digital Marketing Course has served nearly 600,000 students and covers the fundamentals of digital marketing across 12 disciplines including email marketing, SEO, social media marketing, Facebook and Google ads, and more.
- Market Research. Ask 3 simple questions to validate your business idea.
- WordPress. Build a world-class website in 1 hour without any coding.
- Email Marketing. Build a mailing list of 1000 people in 30 days from scratch.
- Copywriting. Write sales pages that make the cash register ring!
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). Get free traffic to your website with SEO.
- YouTube Marketing. Drive traffic & sales with simple “how to” videos.
- Social Media Marketing (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Quora).
- LinkedIn Marketing. Go viral on Linkedin and 400x your connections.
- App Marketing. Discover 43 Ways To Promote Your App.
- Google Adwords. Avoid common mistakes and set up profitable campaigns first time.
- Facebook Ads. Make money with Facebook Ads without spending a fortune.
- Google Analytics. Improve your marketing with Google Analytics data.
- 30-day free trial
- Easy-to-use course app
- Lifetime access
- Accredited certificates not available
- No quizzes or assessment tools
This course series is one of the most enrolled in and highly rated course collections in this list. Udemy did an incredible job with the balance of breadth and depth in the curriculum. One thing that’s included in this series that’s usually missing from many of data science courses is a complete section on statistics, which is the backbone to data science.
Overall, the Digital Marketing specialization is an ideal mix of theory and application. As far as prerequisites go, the course is suitable for beginners and no experience is required. Previous knowledge of social media networks isn’t necessary, but it is helpful.
3. LinkedIn Learning: Online Marketing Foundations
You’ll pay $29.99 per month (or $19.99 per month paid annually). Your subscription also gives you access to a library of over 16,000 courses. LinkedIn offers a 30-day free trial.
The course includes four hours of video broken into 13 lessons with quizzes and an online notebook. The course explains modern digital marketing techniques in simple terms and shows students how to build online marketing campaigns in search, video, social, email, and display channels.
- MarkDigital Marketing Strategy
- Exploring Digital Marketing
- Starting with Your Website
- Foundations of Analytics
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search and Display Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Expanding Your Digital Marketing Skills
- Influencer Marketing
- Annual or monthly pricing
- 30-day free trial
- Access to all LinkedIn courses with a subscription
- Certificate of completion
- No lifetime access
An extremely highly rated course — 4.9/5 on SwichUp and 4.8/5 on CourseReport — which is taught by experienced digital marketers. This course that covers everything in the entire digital marketing process. Furthermore, not only will you get a certificate upon completion, but since this course also accredited, you’ll also receive continuing education units.
You’ll join the instructor with other students to learn digital marketing. Not only are you able to ask questions, but the instructor also spends extra time for office hours to further help those students that might be struggling.
4. Digital Marketing Course – Nanodegree (Udacity)
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Content Strategy
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing with Google Ads
- Display Advertising
- Email Marketing
- Measure and Optimize with Google Analytics
- Technical mentor support
- Student community
- Resume support
- $399 per month for a course subscription
5. Digital Marketing Specialist (Simplilearn)
The nice thing about this course is that it includes walkthroughs of more than 40 digital marketing tools so by the time you complete this course, you’ll have a very good idea of what tools to use in your digital marketing campaigns.
- Social Media
- Pay-Per-Click (Facebook and Google Ads)
- Conversion Optimization
- Web Analytics
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing and Mobile Marketing
- Access to 35 classes
- Includes $500 worth of marketing tools
- Bonus OMCP exam voucher
- Long time commitment
On Skillshare, you can pick classes that suit your interests and save classes to refer to later. There’s a variety of business topics you can take classes on.
As for social media marketing specifically, you can filter social media marketing classes by the time that they take to complete, whether they’re free or premium, whether or not the topic is trending, and more.
7. Acadium: Digital Marketing Course (Free)
Acadium is an apprenticeship and mentorship program — there are a number of lessons within the Digital Marketing Course that you can take before, after, or during your apprenticeship.
The courses offered cover an array of digital marketing topics including but not limited to social media marketing, paid advertising, email marketing, SEO, and content marketing.
8. The Wharton School: Fundamentals of Digital Marketing, Social Media, and E-Commerce
Wharton’s course is considered an intermediate dive into the intersection of digital marketing, social media marketing, and ecommerce. It’s a self-paced, six-week class that demands three hours of your time each week.
This course is structured specifically for marketing professionals, small business owners, and consumers who want to know social media techniques. You’ll learn how to produce marketing campaigns that are effective for your business.
Seth Godin has been leading the modern marketing revolution for almost 40 years, having published over 20 books while running a must-read marketing blog.
Now, Godin is sharing all the stuff he learned the hard way with over 12,000 Skillshare students. In his three-hour marketing workshop, he walks students through the four building-blocks of modern marketing and provides a dictionary of more than 50 important terms. At the end of the class, participants are tasked with creating a marketing campaign for their business or favorite brand, including outlining the story they’ll use to communicate their initiative and a creating detailed calendar for executing their objective.
10. Simplilearn: Post-Graduate Program in Digital Marketing
Co-created with Facebook and delivered by Simplilearn. This Post Graduate Program in partnership with Purdue University is designed to provide comprehensive education on career-changing skillsets.
This particular program has been called the world’s Number 1 Digital Marketing Course, according to MarTech.
Specifically, the program covers key digital marketing skills in-depth: SEO, PPC, social media strategy, web analytics, language targeting, online reputation management, search psychology, and much more.
You will learn the practical aspects of SEO, SEM, web analytics, and social media marketing through tools and hands-on practice with this online marketing course.
With this course, you will:
- Develop skills for real career growth.
- Learn by working on real-world problems.
- Learn from experts active in their field, not out-of-touch trainers.
- Have access to 24/7 learning support from mentors and a community of like-minded peers to resolve any conceptual doubts.
You get a digital marketing course structure and delivery that is first-class all the way.
The online bootcamp model combines instructor-led training in virtual live streaming classrooms with self-paced video so participants can follow at their own pace (with full one-year anytime access to courses).
The cost is $2,250 for the entire course, including all courses, videos, exams, and workbooks.
Which is the right online digital marketing course for you?
Choosing the right online course is a big decision to make. Every course is an investment in time and possibly money. The right choice depends very much on your professional trajectory.
The best approach is to weigh up where you are in your career, where you want to be in one year, and then pick the course that has the highest chance of achieving that goal.
That’s if for some of the best courses to learn digital marketing in depth. You don’t need to go through all of them, but I suggest watching their previews and choosing the course where you best connect with the instructor. I personally like Udemy’s Complete Digital Marketing Course hence, I enjoyed the first course most.
Digital Marketing Training FAQs
Why learn digital marketing?
Digital marketing is relatively easy to learn. It’s versatile. It has a large ecosystem of data science and machine learning libraries that make it the lingua franca of programming in those fields.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing utilizes technologies such as computers, the Internet, mobile devices, blogs, social media platforms, email, and other digital media to promote products and services. Traditional marketing uses print, broadcast, telemarketing, or direct mail.
Is a certificate in digital marketing useful?
Your earning potential as a digital marketer is high. If you want a strong foundation and an unparalleled breadth of knowledge, a degree is the best path. If you’re interested in quickly gaining skills and certifications that will get you employed in digital marketing, certification training is a great option.
What are the best digital marketing topics to focus on in 2021?
Social media marketing, search engine optimization, content marketing, and email marketing.
Share This Article
Thanks for reading and have fun learning! If you like these web development courses then please share with your friends and colleagues.
:: saves for later ::