These Amarula Cream Liqueur desserts are easy and guaranteed to impress. The only hard part is choosing which recipe to try first.
These Amarula dessert recipes spike your favorite cakes, pies, cookies, and more.
My personal favorite? Boozy Amarula milkshake (#27)—hands down. If you enjoy sipping liquid desserts it doesn’t get any better than in a luscious, creamy Amarula shake!
What is Amarula Cream Liqueur?
Amarula is a South African cream liqeuer similar to Baileys, but smoother and less expensive. It is made with sugar, cream and the fruit of the African marula tree. It has a low alcohol content of 17% by volume. If you like Bailey’s give Amarula a try.
Best Amarula Desserts
Here are all the best Amarula desserts to make with this creamy liqueur!
1. Amarula Chocolate Poke Cake
This Amarula cream liqueur recipe will totally transform chocolate cake.
Uses a classic chocolate cake soaked in Amarula as a base. (Psst: It also saves dry, stale cakes!)
2. Amarula Cupcakes With White Chocolate Amarula
If you thought you were already addicted to cupcakes, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet.
Find out how to make these Amarula white chocolate cupcakes—they’re easier than you think!
These boozy cupcakes might just be the best thing you’ve ever done. Cupcakes are beckoning.
3. Amarula Cheesecake
People love to ooh and ahh over cheesecake, but a splash or two of Amarula will make their jaws drop.
You can never have too much cheesecake!
4. Amarula Carrot Cake
Carrot cake should always be made with Amarula.
There are thousands of boozy carrot cake recipes out there, but this one takes the cake.
Now you don’t have to choose between dessert and vegetables.
5. Amarula Mini Cheesecake Bites
Best spiked Amarula chocolate mini cheesecakes ever!
Everything’s better in boozy cheesecake form. Cheers!
6. Amarula Gingerbread Trifle
How festive is this? It doesn’t get more Christmas than this layered Amarula Gingerbread Trifle.
Classic gingerbread gets the Amarula treatment!
7. Zuppa Inglese with Amarula Cream Liqueur
Looking for an easy dessert centerpiece?
This zuppa inglese with amarula deserves a spot on your dessert table this holiday.
8. Amarula Malva Pudding
South African malva pudding, is perfect during the winter months.
But few restaurants make it, this recipe will help you make your own at home!
9. Amarula Waffles
Light, fluffy, and decadent, these boozy Amarula waffles are perfection.
10. Amarula Carrot Cake
Carrot cake with Amarula Cream Liqueur is the best upgrade to dessert.
11. Muffins a l’Amarula et au Chocolat
Ooh la la. Amarula is going to completely transform your muffins.
If you’re celebrating with friends, or it’s just a weeknight at home (hey—I don’t judge), spike your muffins and never look back.
12. Dark Chocolate Amarula Balls
For dark chocolate and Amarula lovers, these spiked Amarula balls are delightful little balls of joy.
They taste even better the day after they’re made!
13. Homemade Amarula Ice Cream
Prefer your booze frozen?
Well, you’re going to love this homemade, South African Amarula ice cream recipe.
Featuring your choice of chopped nuts, mixed with velvety and luscious Amarula cream liqueur.
14. Red Velvet Amarula Parfait
Everyone should have a Valentine’s day red velvet cake recipe—and this is it.
It has a decadent Amarula flavor and cream cheese frosting.
The striking red color makes it perfect for sharing with your Valentine’s day sweetheart.
15. Amarula Spiced Pear Yule Log
Make the yuletide more festive with a spiked Bûche de Noël cake.
The cake represents the yule log people burn starting on Christmas Eve.
And while no one knows exactly how the yule log turned into a Christmas cake, everyone agrees it’s a tasty tradition that should never end.
16. Amarula Custard Brownies
Earn major brownie points with this grown-up, homemade Amarula brownie recipe!
Is there anything better than a boozie brownie?!
These mouth-watering brownies are delicious and have a wonderfully fudgy consistency and a smooth, coffee flavor that’s totally addictive.
17. Amarula Creme Brulee Doughnuts
Fancy doughnuts? Yes, please! Crème brûlée is creamy and irresistible.
These impressive looking dougnuts are much easier to make than you may think.
18. Amarula Chocolate Mousse
Bite into a cloud of deliciousness.
The secret ingredient in this decadent, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate mouse? Amarula cream liqueur.
19. Amarula Gingerbread Eggnog
This is your new favorite liquid dessert for the holidays! Creamy gingerbread eggnog is like traditional eggnog, but with enough booze to enjoy.
- 1/2 oz. Amarula
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon sugar
- 1 c. eggnog
- 1 c. vodka
- 1 c. Kahlúa
- 2 tbsp. molasses, plus more for drizzling
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Whipped cream for topping
- Wet rims of the cocktail glasses and dip in cinnamon sugar.
- Use a cocktail shaker filled with Amarula, ice, eggnog, vodka, Kahlúa, molasses, and ginger to mix.
- Pour into rimmed glasses. Serve with top with whipped cream and drizzle with molasses.
20. Amarula Souffle
Boozy, light, and airy soufflé is hard not to love.
This soufflé recipe is filled with custardy Amarula goodness.
21. Amarula S’Mores Milkshake
A dessert in a glass milkshake with added booze to complete your dinner.
- 1 oz. Amarula
- 8 large scoops (about 2 1/2 cup) chocolate ice cream
- 1/4 cup Baileys
- 2 oz. vanilla vodka
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- Crushed graham crackers, for rimming
- Marshmallow bits, for rimming
- Chocolate fudge, for rimming
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Chocolate squares, for garnish
- Graham cracker squares, for garnish
- Blend together Amarula, ice cream, Baileys, vanilla vodka, and marshmallow fluff.
- Combine crushed graham crackers and marshmallow bits on a plate. Rim your glass with chocolate fudge and dip into graham crackers and marshmallows.
- Pour milkshake into glass and top each shake with whipped cream, a chocolate square, and a graham cracker square.
22. Easy Amarula Banana Cake
Amarula banana cake is the perfect boozy indulgence to your baking.
Related: 30+ Best Banana Cake Recipes
23. Amarula Mudslide
Frozen mudslide is a creamy, liquid dessert cocktail with rich chocolate and coffee flavors.
I really love this boozy adult milkshake and I recommend you to try it if you like chocolate flavored drinks.
It’s perfect for treating yourself after a hot summer day.
- 1 ½ oz. Amarula
- 1 ½ oz. chocolate vodka
- 1 ½ oz. Irish cream
- 1 oz. creme de cacao
- 1 Half gallon chocolate ice cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Combine all ingredients in blender or mixer. Mix well.
- Garnish with chocolate syrup, sprinkles, whipped cream, and chocolate chips.
24. Easy Amarula Affogato
This easy, after-dinner affogato dessert is a crowd pleaser.
An affogato is an easy Italian dessert — just espresso over gelato.
This recipe substitutes Amarula for the coffee and tops it all with whipped cream. Sooo easy!
25. Amarula Macarons
What’s better than blonde chocolate?
Crispy, blond chocolate French macarons with Amarula!
The macaron shells are flavored with espresso and luxurious Amarula cream liqueur.
26. Amarula Tiramisu
You’ll love this easy to make, creamy, Amarula tiramisu.
The taste of coffee and chocolate paired with Amarula is terrific!
27. Amarula Vanilla Milkshake
This adult milkshake is creamy, simple to prepare, has a coffee flavoring, and is blend with Amarula.
- 1/2 cup Amarula Cream Liqueur
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Ice cubes
- Pour the Amarula Cream Liqueur, milk, heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract into the blender
- Add the ice cubes and blend on high until smooth before serving.
28. Amarula Truffle and Caramel Coffee
This super rich Amarula, truffle, caramel coffee recipe is hard to resist.
This drinkable dessert is couldn’t be easier. Sooo worth getting out of bed for.